On completing this training you will:
- Understand the causes of cancer, current cancer treatments and the side effects relevant to exercise prescription.
- Be familiar with the most recent evidence on the effects of different exercises on specific cancer types and specific side effects of cancer treatments.
- Confidently prepare a reliable and effective system of communication and information gathering with clients and health professionals.
- Be capable of carrying out a risk assessment, exercise testing and prescribing personalised exercise programmes for each patient/client living with cancer.
- Be able to deliver safe and effective physical activities with patients/clients living with cancer.
Fitness and exercise professionals who are REPs Ireland members wishing to register this programme for CPD points must have a REPs Ireland recognised EQF L5 Exercise for Health qualification or equivalent.
Please contact us for more information if you are from a clinical, health or other background.
- Written theory exam which will include a multiple choice question paper, and short answer questions and will be based on the course manual and presentations.
- Case study: you will be required to write a case study on a client living with cancer.
- Practical observations/ viva: this will give you an opportunity to discuss and demonstrate the screening and adapting of your exercise programme for specific case studies
Endorsed by PD:Approval for recognition by REPs Ireland