75% of this course is practical giving each learner the experience and support to be competent and confident to be able to deliver a safe and effective Qigong set. The remaining 25% of course time is dedicated to providing background information so that each learner gains a deeper understanding of the history and benefits of Tai Chi Qigong. Each day offers practical and theory covering:
- History & Philosophy of Tai Chi Qigong
- Body Alignment
- Setting up and Delivering Classes
- Energy, Yin & Yang and an Introduction to Traditional Chinese Medicine in relation to Qigong
- Level 2 fitness qualification for REPs UK members; L3 Sports Massage for STA members
- No previous experience in Tai Chi Qigong required
There are no formal written examinations. Certification as an instructor will be based on continuous assessment throughout the course, using both practical and written exercises, which will enable both you and us to monitor your progress and understanding. On the last day there will be a final practical exercise where you will be asked to deliver a short set of the Shibashi movements which will form part of the assessment protocol.