It has become apparent that data and feedback has become more relevant in the world of indoor cycling than ever before. Stages Indoor Cycling was born from Stages Cycling which began making Power meters for Road bikes outside 5 years ago. These Power meters began to be used by professional teams on the tour calendar. With years of experience in both outdoor cycling and indoor cycling, Stages has bought this technology into the indoor cycling market.
The Stages Power Essentials training course is designed to educate new and existing instructors how to collect important rider’s information. How to interpret that data, how to use the tools and the information gathered to create and instruct safe and effective classes.
Objectives for Skills Development:
The participants will be able to:
- Understand StagesFit and how to safely set-up their riders.
- Understand and be able to use the console on the Stages Indoor Cycle.
- Learn about good and poor posture on the bike
- Learn the importance of goal setting
- Learn about anchoring time and intensity
- Have the ability to create a class, looking at a simple set structure of the class, using various formats and drills to get a variety of results.
- Learn about Power – Watts
- Understand what an FTP test is and what Functional Threshold Power means
- Understand the 7 zones of power and the benefits from training in each.
- How to structure a class designed around Power Zones.
- Learn the importance as the role of the instructor, gaining the skills to lead, motivate and cue.
- Be able to coach to all levels of ages and abilities in exercise.
Throughout the training the tutor should have opportunities for formative assessment regarding bike set-up, teaching and class design.
30 minute Screentime – with a Master Educator to answer any question or queries.
Access to a Full Live training – within a year of taking the online course.
EQF L3 Fitness or Group Fitness Instructor Qualification (REPs Ireland)
AND a practically assessed recognised Group Indoor Cycling Course or recognised Group Indoor Cycling Qualification.
Case Studies to be submitted for assessment.