The role of the Spinning® Instructor is to lead safe, fun, and effective rides that will deliver the physical and mental changes to help riders achieve their goals. You don’t want to be just any instructor … you want to be a Rockstar Instructor, where participants come back time after time.
This comprehensive training includes practical and theoretical concepts based on the highest quality coaching practices, the latest exercise science information and progression in the field of indoor cycling. Instructors will first review the foundational principles of the Spinning program, then learn how to create amazing profiles that practice knowledge, skills, and techniques in a fun and effective manner. This will take instructors to the next step in joining an elite group of the most highly trained fitness professionals in the world and enable them to provide life-changing Spinning® rides and programs to students, athletes and enthusiasts everywhere.
Note: This certification is currently offered as an Online/Virtual or Online/Blended Live Certification during Coronavirus restrictions.
The three main objectives and overview for the training are:
1 – Learn how to CREATE enhanced profiles.
- Learn and apply more advanced program class design using the FITT principle and the 4Ps.
- Exercise science review (continued from pre-course revision exam)
- Expanding your profile development skills –the 4Ps
2 – Learn how to LAYER on the motivating elements that craft a great ride into the profile with
- Advanced Languaging
3 – Understand how to DELIVER the class with excellence.
- Advanced coaching skills
- Verbal skills
- Microphone skills
- Physical communication
Rockstar instructors will continuously pursue knowledge to become better coaches. Great Spinning® instructors embrace the variables and artistically combine them with the Spinning movements, revealing their creativity and giving students the best opportunities towards results.
This Certification includes:
- Spinning® Rockstar Pre-learning manual – Digital
- Spinning® Rockstar Instructor’s Manual – Digital
- Pre-workshop science online assessment “Ready to Rock”
- Practical Skills Assessment
- Post-workshop Certification Assessment
- Certificate of Attendance and Certificate of Completion (on-line once your Exam is completed and passed)
- SPIN® 14 CECs (licensed Spinning® Instructors)
- REPS Ireland 16 CPDs (REPS members only)
- NASM 0.8 CEUs (conditional apply)
- ACE 0.7 CECs (conditional apply)
- USAT 8.0 CEUs* (conditional apply)
- USAC 8.0 CEUs* (conditional apply)
SPINNING® Instructor Pathway: After completing all modules of this certification course, including full participation in the SPINPower® Live 2-Day Training and passing the online exams and practical teaching assessments:
- Level 1 instructors will become Level 2 Certified Instructors
- Level 2 instructors will become Level 3 Certified Instructors
Keep your certification active and master the skills you need to teach unforgettable classes by earning at least 14 SPIN® CECs before your expiration date.
Please note: One does not become Spinning Certified by attending this course. To be eligible for the Rockstar Certification, instructors must hold a current Spinning Certification*. After successfully completing all Spinning course modules, including the online exam, the Rockstar Certification is awarded.
A Heart Rate Monitor is required for this workshop
Athleticum® would like to offer you the chance to purchase a MYZONE belt and use its awesome smart phone app, all for an amazing discount only available through ATHLETICUM®. Join us and track your real time activity, take part in global challenges and workout with knowledge.
Your £50 off discount voucher link… MYZONE DISCOUNT LINK
- An EQF level 3 Fitness Instructor is required for REPs Ireland members wanting to claim REPs Ireland CPD points.
- A cycling coaching award plus
- Spinning® Instructor Certification
- Pre-course and post course online theory assessment.
- Passing score (80% or higher) on the online assessment
- During the course there is also formative ongoing assessment and practical assessment on ZOOM.
- Workshop attendance (100%)