The course covers the following topics:
- Nervous system, muscle and trauma
- Fitness principles and musculoskeletal co-morbidities
- Neurological Conditions including, Acquired Brain Injury, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Lifestyle and behaviour modification change
- Prescription, programming and rehabilitation
The flexible study time expects the student to engage with a range of Master level skills which are indicative of this level of learning and include: research, reading, data analysis and interpretation, report writing, practical skills, profiling clients, developing exercise prescription plans and an exam.
It is suited for both health care professionals and fitness professionals who have REPS 3 accreditation.
Student assessments are carried out through case study analysis, a multiple choice question exam and 2 weekends of face-to-face time where practical gym sessions will take place.
Endorsed by PD:Approval for recognition by REPs