The Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Weight Management and Athletic Performance qualification will provide the learner with the skills, knowledge and competence to provide nutritional support to clients with a range of weight management and athletic performance goals. The qualification can be completed with no prior anatomical, physiological or nutritional background as the learner will journey through the fundamentals of human anatomy and physiology and how the food we eat and supplements we take, impact on these basic systems. Once achieved, this elementary content is expanded upon and applied in a practical environment to ensure the learner can competently:
- Obtain client data to perform a nutritional analysis of their client’s current eating regime.
- Analyse collated data and summarise to a client their current nutritional status and areas where support can be applied.
- Develop nutritional strategies for achieving specific weight management and/or athletic performance goals.
- Design appropriate eating plans for clients who are apparently healthy, taking into account a myriad of possible considerations.
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification. It is recommended that learners have subject knowledge at least at level 2 however, this is not essential.
REPs UK Members are required to hold a L2 Fitness Instructor Qualification as a prerequisite and REPs Ireland members are required to hold L3 EQF Fitness Instructor qualification.
- Assignment based coursework
- x1 Case Study for a Weight Management Client
- x1 Case Study for an Athlete
- x3 Multiple Choice Theory Exams