- Understand the ageing process and ageing demographics
- Know the effects of ageing and inactivity and understand the benefits of physical activity and exercise, as well as the special considerations that must be taken into account when programming and delivering exercise for independently active, older people.
- Understand how to support and motivate the independently active, older adult in exercise and understand how to promote exercise for independently active, older people.
The Older Adult course is designed for qualified exercise professionals and requires prior completion of one of the following qualifications *:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing Gym based exercise, exercise to music or water-based exercise)
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Walking or any other qualification within the physical activity adviser category on REPs
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga, Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Pilates.
Theory paper and written case study of an older person appropriate for this training. Full guidance given on course.