BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training is an internationally recognised and accredited course that enables anyone, anywhere to train and become a fully qualified BoxingYoga™ Coach.
Whatever your boxing or yoga experience, even if you are a complete beginner to both, the comprehensive online course allows you to study at your own pace, on any device. And, when you’re ready to qualify, your BoxingYoga™ knowledge and skills are assessed by a real life BoxingYoga™ Assessor.
Officially endorsed by PD:Approval, with coaches in more than 24 countries, BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training includes everything you need to become a qualified coach; certified to teach at yoga studios, boxing clubs, fitness gyms, sporting institutions and private venues world wide.
The huge amount of study material created to support your learning is organised in a secure online environment we call BoxingYoga™ Education, or BYED.
As a BoxingYoga™ Coach-in-Training you get exclusive access before, during and after the course, so you can:
- Learn the BoxingYoga™ class structure, transitions and individual postures with anatomical illustrations descriptions and modifications
- Learn how BoxingYoga™ complements the boxer’s training regime and how it provides boxers and athletes with competitive advantage, contributes to improved technique, prevents injury and enhances performance
- Learn about BoxingYoga™ teaching methods, theory and philosophy
- Learn how BoxingYoga™ distinguishes itself as an alternative form of yoga, and how it meets the needs of individual students with or without boxing or yoga experience
- Master the structure, timing and function of each stage of the BoxingYoga™ class
- Learn to cue and demonstrate physically and verbally
- Teach a safe and effective BoxingYoga™ class with cautions and modifications
- Instruct and motivate students from different backgrounds
- Cultivate good practice, maintain patience and a positive mental attitude
- Learn about group dynamics and the most effective teaching strategy, from managing different learning styles to providing appropriate feedback and encouragement
EXTENSIVE TRAINING PACKAGE
Accessible from any device, the wide range of training materials you will find in the BoxingYoga™ Education Dept. includes:
- The detailed BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training manual in downloadable and on-screen PDF format
- The entire BoxingYoga™ class broken down by stage, round and posture in an interactive click through format
- Hours of observational BoxingYoga™ class and coaching tutorial videos including adjustments and variations
- Detailed theory documents covering both boxing and BoxingYoga™ in downloadable and on-screen PDF format
- Insightful Coaching Practices and Coaching Philosophy documents in downloadable and on-screen PDF format
- Useful learning aids including a Personal Action Plan
- BoxingYoga™ Brand Guidelines and marketing advice
- BoxingYoga™ Career Path
- A recommended reading list
BOXING BASICS FOR BEGINNERS
If you are completely new to boxing, or could use a refresher, the BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training course includes helpful boxing tutorial videos from BoxingYoga™ and Total Boxer founder, Matt Garcia.
Understanding the basics of boxing is a fun thing to do but also helps to appreciate the significance of BoxingYoga™, making you an even better BoxingYoga™ Coach.
Learn and practice the boxing basics with Matt, including;
- How to adopt a boxer’s stance
- Using footwork in boxing
- The four punches, including the jab, cross, hook and uppercut
- Defensive work including parries, blocks, slips and rolls
- Putting it all together with combinations
A LITTLE HELP FROM YOUR FRIENDS
When you’re enrolled you also receive an invitation to join the private BoxingYoga™ Coaches Support group on Facebook.
Available throughout the course and beyond, the group is a great way to meet the BoxingYoga™ community from all over the world to ask questions, make friends and get support from coaches, head coaches and fellow trainees everywhere from London to Los Angeles.
YOUR OWN PRIVATE ONLINE COACH
As well as the considerable training materials and support included within the course, trainees have the option for additional private online training with a BoxingYoga™ Head Coach.
Private online training is useful if you find yourself stuck on any aspect of your training, if you require help in preparation for your assessment or simply to reaffirm your knowledge and skills.
You can ask questions about training, have your postures and transitions reviewed and even have technique demonstrated to you. You may also use the sessions to get advice on marketing, promotion and business development.
Wherever you are in the world, a real life BoxingYoga™ Head Coach is available for a small hourly fee to provide advice and support in most major world languages.
There are no formal prerequisites to enroling in BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training. It would be helpful for you to have some experience of attending or teaching yoga or boxing, however the way the course is designed allows you to develop this experience as you go.
In order to maintain the highest standards of quality and safety, the final stage of the course is to successfully complete and pass an online written exam and video assessment.
The answers to the exam are contained within the training materials and the criteria for the assessment are clearly explained from the beginning.
There is no time limit for sitting the online exam and sending your video assessment. Both are reviewed free of charge by an official BoxingYoga™ Assessor.
Whether you pass or fail your assessment, you will be provided with detailed feedback, which can be extremely useful, especially if you wish to submit another assessment video.
Once qualified, you will receive your certificate of qualification and be officially licensed to teach BoxingYoga™.