THE AIM OF THIS COURSE IS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE TO APPLY SPORTS MASSAGE TECHNIQUES TO HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS WITH NO DIAGNOSED MEDICAL CONDITIONS OR ACUTE INJURIES
YOU WILL LEARN…
- To understand the anatomy and physiology necessary to apply sports massage
- To be able to carry out a range of assessments
- To be able to collect information relating to the client’s current condition and status (including the identification of conditions that would be inappropriate for treatment by someone at this level of qualification)
- To be able to distinguish between acute injury and soft tissue dysfunction
- To be able to recognise when to defer treatment or when to refer to a more qualified massage or healthcare professional
- To be able to select appropriate massage techniques for a range of clients
- To be able to apply sports massage techniques safely and effectively, understanding potential effects
- There are no previous qualifications required to attend the course, however there is an element of communication required, so basic communication skills are a must.
- All applicants for Level 3 must be over 16.
- A multiple-choice examination
- A portfolio of evidence including an assignment
- Practical demonstrations and assessments
- Active IQ